*The Executive Director position has been filled.*
The Executive Director management leader of The Women’s Roundtable (WRT). The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, communications, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. The position offers a stipend.
1) Board Governance: Works with the Board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for leading the WRT in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the WRT’s mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the Board to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of the WRT’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the WRT can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the WRT’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the effective administration of the WRT’s operations.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent business &/or work experience
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of the WRT’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and WRT members
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with the WRT Board of Directors & WRT members
- Strong public speaking ability
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of annual budget in collaboration with the Treasurer
- Serving as the WRT’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the region and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the WRT’s mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their approval in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization throughout the region.
- Strategic planning and implementation in conjunction with the WRT Board of Directors.
- Oversee scheduling Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts, including but not limited to, social media & website updates and development.
- Reviews and presents contracts for services to the Board of Directors.
- Is present at all WRT events as event coordinator and at board meetings in a reporting capacity
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Email resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.
Download Executive Director job description.